Spring Intern 2022 (Remote, Paid)
PROGRESSIVE POLITICAL CONSULTING INTERNSHIP (PAID)
We’re looking for students who want to intern in a fast-paced political consulting firm and do meaningful work for progressive groups and organizations. For over 10 years, The Campaign Workshop (TCW) has run groundbreaking digital ad and direct mail programs in advocacy and politics that have moved voters, advocates, and members to take action. We’ve trained thousands of candidates to run for office to bring more diversity to the political landscape of our country. And, on a daily basis, we work to advance the conversation around a variety of issues including environmental protection, public education, women’s rights, LGBTQ rights, equal pay, and family separation.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
As a TCW spring intern, you will learn the ins and outs of progressive political consulting and explore the world of digital advertising, mail production, client sales, brand marketing, training development, and direct mail creation. You will have the opportunity to engage with issues at the forefront of American politics, all while building both professional experience and developing real skills. In addition to working closely with our staff who have a broad range of knowledge in different areas, we offer networking opportunities with other professionals in the progressive world who give our interns the inside scoop on fundraising, polling, and more.
* The TCW spring internship requires a commitment of 15–20 hours per week.
WHAT YOU MAY DO AS A PROGRESSIVE POLITICAL CONSULTING INTERN:
- Shadow and learn from our experienced staff in mail design, digital strategy, production management, creative design development, and client marketing and sales
- Collaborate with team members on projects as assigned
- Learn the ins and out of political consulting through
- Researching candidates, campaigns, organizations, and other issues related to current clients
- Assisting with copywriting, proofreading proposals, and memoranda for clients
- Updating marketing deliverables and campaign collateral (e.g., E-Books, campaign resources)
- Managing web content
- Using tools like HubSpot, MOZ, WordPress, Drupal
- Conducting research for stock photos to use for mail and online campaigns
- Work with account and art staff to develop creative concepts to present in our “Crowdsourcing Concepts” meetings
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE YOU’LL NEED TO BRING:
- Current undergraduate student (Juniors and Seniors preferred)
- Commitment to progressive politics
- Experience and/or demonstrated interest in public policy, politics, or social justice
- Excellent organizational and research skills
- Ability to multi-task and work independently
- A sense of humor and unflappability
- A proactive approach to work and learning
Interns will be paid hourly at a rate of $15 an hour.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit resume & cover letter here.